TERMS FOR FIREARMS AUCTIONS:
A. $15 FFL transfer fee for in-house bidders for all firearms produced after 1898, form 4473 and NICS background checks will be completed onsite for all in-house bidders. Out of state bidders will be responsible for any transfer fees from their receiving dealer (we do not charge out of state bidders for transfers).
B. All shipping will be coordinated with directly with our recommended shippers. Wickliff Auctioneers does not participate in the shipping of ANY item, regardless of size or value. For shipping quotes, contact either:
The UPS Store: email@example.com, or PakMail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
C. NO GUNS will be sold to international bidders. You must be a resident of the United States, which means you have a U.S. address. It matters not where you will have the gun shipped. Again, Fini.
D. A 20% Buyers Premium will be calculated on all bids from Proxibid. Indiana state sales tax of 7% will be assessed for any in-state bidder, or for any out-of-state bidder who personally attends the auction (unless the bidder is tax exempt, and presents an ST105 document).
E. Payment is due by Wednesday, 5pm, following a Saturday auction. All Proxibid bidders who have not contacted us to make other arrangements will have their invoices processed via Proxibid's Auction Payment Network, on Wednesday at 5pm, using the card with which you registered to bid. Your invoice will contain a link to our online payment system, should you wish to pay by MC/Visa/Amex/Discover prior to Wednesday.
F. Every effort has been made to professionally and properly identify, describe and honestly represent each item in the auction. Please ensure that any questions regarding age, authenticity or suitability for any use are asked and answered prior to 24 hours before the auction scheduled start time. The purchaser acknowledges that he/she makes bidding decisions based on their own opinion of the item being sold, and not upon representations made by others.
1. All property is sold "AS IS" and neither the auctioneer nor any consignor makes any warranties or representation of any kind or nature with respect to the property, and in no event shall they be responsible for the correctness, nor deemed to have made any representation or warranty, description, genuineness, authorship, attribution, provenance, period, culture, source, origin or condition of the property and no statement at the sale, or in bill of sale, or invoice or elsewhere shall be deemed such a warranty of representation or an assumption of liability.
2. The highest bidder as determined by the auctioneer shall be the purchaser. In the case of a disputed bid, the auctioneer shall have sole discretion in determining the purchaser, and may also, at his or her election, withdraw the lot, or re-offer the lot for sale. Floor bidders have precedent over absentee bidders in the case of a same-amount winning bid.
3. For bidders at the auction house, all merchandise purchased must be paid for and removed from the premises the day of the auction. Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc. may impose, and the purchaser agrees to pay, a monthly storage charge of $100 for any lot or portion of any lot not removed by the purchaser within three (3) business days after the day of the sale. Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc. shall have no liability for any damage to property left on the premises for more than three (3) business days after the date of the sale. At the option of Wickliff &Associates Auctioneers, Inc., the merchandise may be transferred to, and stored at a bonded warehouse and the purchaser agrees to pay all transfer and storage expenses. Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc. may impose, and the purchaser agrees to pay a monthly charge of $100 for any lot not paid by the purchaser within thirty (30) days of the date of the sale.
4. Personal checks will be acceptable only if credit has been established with Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc., or if a bank authorization has been received guaranteeing a personal check. Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc. reserves the right to hold the merchandise purchased by personal check until the check has cleared the bank. The purchaser agrees to pay Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc. a handling charge of $35.00 for any check dishonored by the drawee. Payment by any paper check, money order or cashier's check, will require a 10-day hold of merchandise prior to being released for shipping.
5. If the purchaser breaches any of its obligations under these conditions of sale, including its obligations to pay, in full, the purchase price of all items for which it was the highest bidder, Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc. may exercise all of its rights and remedies under the law, including (a) canceling the sale and applying any payments made by the purchaser to the damages caused by the purchaser's breach, and/or (b) offering at public auction, without reserve, any lot or item for which the purchaser has failed to pay in full the purchase price or failed to remove from the premises within (30) days, holding the purchaser liable for any deficiency plus all costs of sale.
6. In no event will the liability of Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc., to any purchaser with respect to any item, exceed the purchase price actually paid by such purchaser for such item.
7. All purchases are subject to the Indiana 7% sales tax unless the purchaser possesses a sales tax exemption number. Exemption numbers from other states are accepted in Indiana if presented with business card or letterhead.
8. A premium equal to 15% for live, phone and absentee bidders and 20% for online bidders of the final bid price will be applied to each lot sold, to be paid by the buyer, as part of the final purchase price. This premium applies for ALL forms of payment.
9. Bidding on any item indicates your acceptance of these terms and all other terms announced at the time of sale.